Director of Network Security - Capital One (Glen Allen, VA)
Director of Network Security-723570
The Director of Network Security is responsible for tangible risk based security solutions that meet business objectives while adhering to global security policies.
This includes defining, delivering, and operating security programs in the areas of boundary security, DPI, policy management, VPN, and proxy. The Director of Network Security will be a key leader in developing operational processes, support business activities, and is accountable for the day-to-day activities of associates and third party suppliers. The Director of Network Security will also build strong relationships with business partners, architecture, engineering, and information security teams to proactively meet compliance and security requirements.
- Manage large, complex, Network Security programs to deliver, enhance, and operate solutions.
- Accountable for overall network boundary security controls, VPN solutions, and associated supporting services.
- Accountable for day to day creation and management of corporate wide network security policy including rationalization of policy, quality assessments, and development & implementation of security standards.
- Oversee, measure and manage extensive 3rd party partner relationships.
- Ensure compliance to corporate policies and standards.
- Manage budget forecasts and capital and operational expenditures
- Bachelors Degree
- 5 years of experience in an Information Security leadership role with responsibility for overall corporate network security policy
- 5 years of experience supporting a 24x7 Global Enterprise with extensive experience as a Network or Information Security leader.
- 5 years experience with Network or Information Security controls and related technologies including: firewalls, intrusion detection systems, vulnerability scanning systems, authentication systems, application level security, network flow based monitoring tools and distributed denial of service mitigation methodologies.
- 5 years of experience in Vendor, People and Personnel Management
- 5 years of experience in General IT Knowledge of systems and infrastructure
- Masters Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- 10 Years of experience in People/Personnel Management
- 10 Years of experience in Information Security Operations and Management
- 5 years of experience in Project Management (planning, executing, tracking)
- 10 Years of experience in General IT Knowledge of systems and infrastructure
- Current CISSP, CISM, and/or CISA certifications
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Glen Allen-Richmond-Knolls II (12036)
Other Locations:United States-Delaware-Wilmington, United States-Illinois-Mettawa-Chicago - Mettawa (35051), United States-Texas-Plano-DFW-Plano Data Center (31007), United States-Virginia-McLean-Northern VA-McLean Campus (19050)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
• Post ID: 9393715 richmond