Job Function: Reference
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: Master's Degree
Min Experience: 1-2 Years
Required Travel: 10-25%
Salary: $54,000.00 - $58,000.00 (Yearly Salary)
Saint Leo University is one of the largest and most innovative Catholic universities in the United States. Saint Leo enrolls students at the traditional University Campus, at more than 40 education centers and offices, and through SLU Worldwide. University-wide, Saint Leo enrolls students from 49 states, the District of Columbia, three U.S. territories, and 86 countries. Saint Leo University ranks as one of the nation’s leading providers of higher education for active duty military and veterans, and it is a nationally recognized leader in online education.
The Library Department is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time faculty position.
This is a twelve (12) month, year round, full-time faculty appointment at the Assistant Professor level.
Review of candidate materials begins immediately for summer term 2018 start date.
All applications must be submitted through the Saint Leo University employment website (no other applications accepted).
The faculty member will be required to:
- Provide reference, instruction, document delivery, and other library services to Saint Leo University students and faculty in all Virginia area centers, as well as the Columbus, Mississippi, San Diego, CA, and Corpus Christi, TX centers.
- Provides reference services to students and faculty. Works cooperatively with base library directors as appropriate to deliver library services to the Saint Leo community.
- Instructs students and faculty in usage and availability of Cannon Memorial Library and local library resources and services.
- Publishes and distributes information on available library resources and services.
- Works cooperatively with University Campus librarians, center directors, assistant vice presidents, faculty, and education center staff to provide and promote effective student usage of library resources and services to assigned centers.
- Participates in faculty development activities; informs faculty of new library resources and services.
- Contacts faculty regularly to ascertain future academic support needs. Attends regional/center faculty meetings and reviews syllabi for required readings and research assignments.
- Visits each Virginia education center at least once per term. Visits assigned non-Virginia education centers as necessary.
- Works cooperatively with the Director of Library Services and Assistant Vice President Saint Leo Worldwide, Central Region to attain full compliance with the standards of library support stated in applicable service memoranda of understanding.
- Establishes professional relationships with local librarians. Becomes familiar with area library resources and services and their availability to the local Saint Leo University community.
- Promotes use of statewide library initiatives such as Find It Virginia. Participates in state, regional, and national professional activities and continuing education workshops as appropriate.
- Conducts regular student and faculty surveys to assess effectiveness of library resources and services. Submits reports of survey results to the Director of Library Services, center directors, and appropriate Continuing Education assistant vice presidents.
- Prepares and submits term and annual reports to the Director of Library Services, center directors, and appropriate Continuing Education assistant vice presidents. Maintains report file, financial records, correspondence, and publications.
- Participates in university activities and committee work as requested by the Director of Library Services.
- ALA-accredited MLS
- Minimum of two years recent post-MLS library academic experience
- Strong reference/public service background
- Demonstrated teaching ability in an adult learning environment
- Familiarity with reference sources in multiple formats
- Awareness of current trends in librarianship and information technology
- Educational background in the arts and sciences or business
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a complex, team-based environment and with a diverse adult user group
- Strong service orientation
- Knowledge of and interest in creative use of technology in library instruction
- Ability to learn new software releases and standard PC software applications
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as necessary
- Ability to provide own transportation and cover a large service area
Other Qualifications and/or requirements:
- This position will require ability to be cleared/obtaining access to Langley Airforce Military Base
- Must be in commutable proximity to Virginia centers
Contact Person: Sharon Scruggs
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 32764952 richmond